Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Run for Fun, Run for Hope!"

On November 18, I participated in the 5 km walk of The Hope Ward - Fun Run 2012. Hope Ward is a charity within Kampala International Hospital and their aims is to help and improve the lives of those who cannot afford medical treatment. Most of their patients suffer from cancer or HIV\Aids and are victims of the war in Northern Uganda and acid attacks.  
I arrived at Kololo airstrip at 6.30 in the morning and was thrilled by the amount of people who are keen in participating in such an event and making a change! And of course all the money collected is for the treatment of needy Hope Ward patients. It was a great experience since I haven't done something like this before. I'm hoping to participate in a Fun Run again, but next time I'll be fitter and will be able to do the actual run and not just the walk.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read a reflection in some time on this blog. The end of term 2 and your cross-country activity should call for a reflection.

    ReplyDelete